2021 BOSTON ISRAELI FILM FESTIVAL – How to Fest
Below is information that will help you through the Festival experience. For further assistance, please email our help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. When sending us an email, include your name and phone number in the subject line.
Tickets are only available online, at bostonjfilm.org (with credit card only). No refunds or exchanges.
- General Admission – $15
- There is a $2.00 processing fee per ticket.
- Please consider donating for companion viewing.
- Boston Israeli Film Festival Pass: $118
- Access all Boston Israeli Film Festival virtual screenings and live programs from March 4-10, 2021
- Easily view all films from home in Boston Jewish Film’s digital screening room. Films may be viewed anytime during the Festival.
- Festival Passes are non-transferable and are valid for only one user login. There is a $2.00 processing fee per pass.
- CLICK HERE to purchase your Festival Pass.
HOW DO I PURCHASE A TICKET?
Search through the Boston Israeli Film Festival ticket site. Select the film you want to see by clicking “View More.” On the film page, press “Buy Ticket” to purchase a ticket to the film you want to stream. Viewing of films will be available March 4-10, 2021.
- CLICK HERE For step by step instructions on how to purchase a ticket
- Festival Passholders: CLICK HERE, for step by step instructions on how to select and view your films
No refunds or exchanges. All sales are final.
DO I NEED A BOSTON JEWISH FILM ACCOUNT TO VIEW FILMS?
Yes, you need a Boston Jewish Film account. If you have ever purchased a ticket online to a Boston Jewish Film event you should already have an account. You can sign in with your email address or username. If you have forgotten your password, please follow the prompt to reset it.
If you do not have an account, you will be asked to create one during the checkout process.
CLICK HERE for step by step instructions on how to set up an account and purchase tickets.
Tip: Once you have set up an account, click “remember me” so you stay signed in on your device.
CAN I VIEW FILMS IF NOT CURRENTLY IN MASSACHUSETTS?
Most films in this festival are available to view in the United States.*
WHY? Boston Jewish Film has to geoblock films because of requirements from the filmmakers and film distributors. Most, if not all, virtual films have geoblocking restrictions. We are proud to be part of a large film festival community and to adhere to restrictions that help assure that other virtual film festivals across the country and abroad can expose their audiences to these films without having their attendance compromised.
*The film Rockfour: The Time Machine is only available in New England (with a New England address in your account).
I HAVEN’T RECEIVED MY CONFIRMATION EMAIL, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Confirmation emails are sent automatically once your purchase is complete. If you do not receive your email within a few minutes of completion, check your Spam and Junk Mail folders. Please make sure you add email@example.com as a trusted source.
If you still do not see the email, log in to your account using your username and password.
You can stream films by going into your account to view your orders where you will find your confirmation with the “Watch Now” link.
CAN I GET A REFUND OR EXCHANGE A TICKET?
Once you have completed your purchase, refunds or exchanges are not available. All sales are final. Before completing your order, please check that your order is correct and that your system is compatible for streaming.
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO STREAM A FILM?
All patrons have 48 hours to watch a film after pressing “Watch Now.”
Films are available for purchase until March 10, 2021, 11:59 pm. If a ticket is purchased on March 10, you will still have 48 hours to watch the film (films will not be available after March 12).
Films are available to stream March 4, 2021 12 am. Starting then, you can stream all purchased films by clicking on “Watch Now” in your confirmation email or on the film page.
Your Festival Pass or online ticket allows you to watch the film at any time during the Festival March 4-10. Once you begin to watch, you have 48 hours to complete viewing.
HOW DO I STREAM A FILM?
After purchasing a ticket, simply click “Watch Now”. This button appears on the confirmation page after purchase, in your confirmation email, and on the film page.
If you purchased your ticket before March 4, 2021, you will be able to go back into your account beginning March 4, 2021 at 12 am, and click “Watch Now” on the film you purchased and begin streaming.
You will be required to sign in with your email address, or username.
The ability to watch on your TV is not a guarantee. No refunds or exchanges. All Sales Are Final.
OPTIONS FOR STREAMING:
WAYS TO WATCH
- PCs running Windows 7+ Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Opera. Internet Explorer is not supported.
- Intel-based Macs running macOS 10.12+ Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Opera
Viewing Tips: For best viewing, make sure to close any extra tabs in your web browser. If you have problems viewing in your usual browser, try another of the recommended internet browsers listed above.
- Download our dedicated app “Boston Jewish FIlm” On Roku or AppleTV (Gen4 and above)
- Cast from a computer or Android phone/tablet from a Chrome browser using a Chromecast device
- Airplay from a computer, iPhone, or iPad to an AppleTV (Gen 2 and above) or to any Smart TV bearing the “AirPlay” badge
- HDMI – Use an HDMI cable to connect your computer directly to your television
- The ability to watch on your TV is not a guarantee. No refunds or exchanges. All Sales Are Final.
Phone / Tablet
- iOS devices (iPhone, iPad) Use Safari on iOS 11.2 or later. Screen mirroring is not supported for watching our films. Ensure it is turned off in your device settings.
- Android devices Use Chrome on Android 6.0 or later
WATCH ON YOUR TV: HDMI
The ability to watch on your tv is not a guarantee. No refunds or exchanges. All Sales Are Final.
If you have a laptop or computer with an HDMI port, you can use an HDMI cable to connect your computer to your TV, using it as a second monitor. You will need to have access to the back or side of your TV to check to see if your TV has an HDMI port and to make this connection.
Once connected, make sure the correct input source is selected on your TV. Your TV will then act as a second monitor for your computer.
When ready to watch films on your TV, you can either mirror your computer or use your mouse to drag the video window onto the TV screen.
SCREEN SHARING: Apple AirPlay
You can stream films using Apple AirPlay by screen sharing from your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Make sure your TV is on the same wifi network as the computer, phone, or tablet you are casting from. Open the “Watch Now” link sent in your confirmation email on your device. This will load the page with your video.
- Click on the bottom right of the video and select the AirPlay or Chromecast icon.
- AirPlay: The icon looks like a rectangle with a triangle.
- Chromecast: The icon is a rectangle with three curved lines Select your TV from the dropdown that pops up.
- Turn off your VPN, if applicable – it can block viewing.
APPLE TV and ROKU
The Boston Jewish Film app is available on all versions of Roku and on Apple TV (Generation 4 or higher only)**
- DOWNLOAD the Boston Jewish Film app
Once you have downloaded the “Boston Jewish Film” app, go to the Boston Israeli Film Festival film ticket page, log into your account and then choose any film you have purchased a ticket for and click “Watch Now.”
When you are ready to stream, click “Watch On Another Device” at the top of your stream page. This will generate your 9-digit voucher code that you will enter your Roku or Apple TV apps.
Open the Boston Jewish Film app on your Roku or Apple TV and enter the code to stream the film.
**Live Q&As and programs are unavailable on the Roku and AppleTV apps.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to set up and watch on Apple TV, CLICK HERE.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to set up and watch on Roku, CLICK HERE.
The ability to watch on your TV is not a guarantee. No refunds or exchanges. All Sales Are Final.
WHY DOES VIDEO PLAYBACK STALL OR NOT PLAY SMOOTHLY?
We use adaptive bitrate streaming which means the streaming quality will automatically adjust based on your internet speed. If your internet connection is poor or inconsistent you may experience problems during playback. If you’re on wifi, try moving closer to your router.
Viewing Tip: For best viewing, make sure to close any extra tabs in your web browser. If you have problems viewing in your usual browser, try another internet browser. Internet Explorer is not supported.
ABOUT LIVE PROGRAMS
This year’s Festival includes conversations with filmmakers, actors, special guests, musical performances, and more! Your film ticket grants you access to the corresponding programs. Want to see it all? Purchase a Festival Pass!
- Individual tickets purchased include access to the corresponding live-streamed programs.
- Festival Passholders have access to all live-streamed programs.
Conversations and programs will take place on specific dates and times listed, CLICK HERE for a full list of live programs. Entry into programs is only available to Festival Pass holders or with the purchase of a ticket for that particular film.
There are NO refunds for missed programs.
Watch live events by clicking the link from your confirmation email or ticket account.
Live programs will be streamed through Zoom. CLICK HERE for instructions on how to join Live Programs.
Viewing live programs are not available on Roku or Apple TV.
JOINING FILM Q+A’s ON ZOOM
Live programs will be streamed through Zoom. These events can be attended via computer, tablet, smartphone, or mobile devices. CLICK HERE for instructions on how to join Live Programs.
- Find your film confirmation email. It will have the subject line: Boston Jewish Film Order Confirmation
- Your confirmation email will contain a link to attend the Live Program, along with the date, time, and guest speakers.
- On the scheduled date and time, click the “Link to Live Program” button in your confirmation email.
- This will launch the Zoom software on your computer or mobile device. If you do not have Zoom installed, it will prompt you to do so.
- When the event starts, you will join the Live Program room and should be able to see and hear guest speakers.
Audiences will be able to type in questions that may be selected by the moderator. Some audience members may also be asked to join the panel to ask their questions on the screen.
MISSED A LIVE PROGRAM?
Recorded versions of Festival Programs will be available after the Festival on the Boston Jewish Film YouTube channel.
Make sure to subscribe to our channel to get alerts when we release new videos.
Voting For Your Favorite Film
HOW TO VOTE FOR YOUR FESTIVAL FAVORITES
Help choose the audience award winners by rating each Festival film you watch.
At the end of each film screening, click HERE to go to the Festival Voting page.
You will need to be logged in to your ticket purchasing account to rate the films you have watched.