The Boston Jewish Film office is located in West Newton, MA
Do you share our passion for independent film? Are you ready to use your skills and experience to increase our impact in the community?
Boston Jewish Film offers the finest in film programming, education, and conversation to audiences across the Greater Boston community. Created in 1989 as The Boston Jewish Film Festival, we are now the largest film-based organization in New England, welcoming more than 15,000 annually. From year-round premieres and events to our marquee Fall Festival, we host screenings, multi-media presentations, live podcasts, music and dance performances, discussions with filmmakers, and ReelAbilities Boston—our city’s disability film festival. Boston Jewish Film invites you to celebrate the global Jewish experience and Go Beyond the Screen.
We are located a short walk from the West Newton commuter rail station, as well as MBTA bus #553 and #554. Free parking! To apply for a job or internship, please send your resume and a cover letter to jobs [@] bostonjfilm.org. No phone calls please.
Boston Jewish Film follows an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical or cognitive disability, veteran status, or marital status.
We are seeking an Executive Director who can provide inspirational leadership for our innovative and growing organization. Reporting to an active, engaged Board of Directors, the Executive Director oversees all aspects of the organization, with a focus on strategic direction and development, financial and operational oversight, and board leadership. Collaborating with an experienced and talented creative staff, the Executive Director oversees the artistic direction of the organization and ensures the success of marketing and communications in achieving the organization’s mission.
- Work alongside Board of Directors to ensure strategic, creative, financial, and operational sustainability. Support Board and committee meetings, and keep Board apprised of achievements, upcoming events, and issues that arise.
- Lead strategic visioning and develop a dynamic framework for organizational growth and sustainability.
- Contributed income comprises 80% of our budget. Working with the Development Officer and Board Development Committee, create and implement a fundraising strategy to achieve strategic goals. Sources include major gifts, annual fund (electronic, and semi-annual direct mail), foundation grants, government grants, festival pass sales, fundraising and cultivation events, etc.
- Develop relationships with Boston’s Jewish, film and artistic communities to ensure that BJF is well-known and positioned. Participate in community events and establish collaborative relationships with other community leaders.
- Provide financial oversight, including budget development and monitoring, together with the Treasurer and Finance Committee. Oversee annual audit.
- Oversee all artistic programs, in collaboration with program staff.
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing & Communications and outside vendors to create and monitor marketing and communications strategy, including print collateral, newsletter, social media, web site, and press. Review all print, electronic, and social media communications before release.
- Oversee all HR decisions and policies. Ensure that office is a clean, secure, attractive place to work and visit, and that necessary technology is in place.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- At least 5 years of leadership and management experience, preferably in a non-profit arts organization. Graduate degree in a relevant field (such as business or arts administration) a plus.
- A proven track record of individual and institutional fundraising, including the cultivation and stewardship of major donors, preferably in the local Jewish community.
- Experience in working with an active, engaged Board of Directors.
- Experience in managing a creative staff.
- Experience in operations and financial management
- Strong interpersonal as well as written and oral communication skills. Must be comfortable speaking to large audiences.
- Understanding of current marketing and social media tools
- Passion for independent film
- Must be available for evening and weekend events and meetings throughout the year.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health and dental insurance, a generous paid holiday schedule, free parking, and a warm and flexible workplace.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to edsearch [@] bostonjfilm.org. No phone calls please.
Boston Jewish Film is the largest film-based organization in New England. Over 15,000 people attend our events year-round, including our annual fall Festival each November. Boston Jewish Film has several unpaid internship positions available throughout the year.
We have openings in the following areas:
- Festival Research & Administration
- Marketing & Graphic Design
We are looking for interns with a passion for film or arts administration/marketing, who want to learn first-hand how film festivals work. Interns typically work two days (8-10 hours) per week in a lively, fast-paced environment.
Festival Research & Administration Intern
Help us choose the films for one of New England’s largest film festivals! Boston Jewish Film is seeking interns to help us seek out new films. Working side-by-side with the Artistic Director, you will:
- Research new films
- Contact directors, producers, and distributors to obtain DVDs
- Pre-screen films and prepare screening notes
- Organize and maintain the online film library
Marketing & Graphic Design Intern
Help us expand the audience for Boston Jewish Film! Working side-by-side with the Marketing Director, you will:
- Create and send weekly e-newsletters
- Update the Boston Jewish Film website
- Promote our events and engage with our filmgoers on our social media platforms
- Assist in creating and designing printed flyers, signage, and online marketing collateral
- Assist with public relations outreach as needed
Click here to add your own text